Car Rental Policies
- Standard Cars: all drivers must be at least 21. For renters between the ages of 21 and 24, an underage fee of $10.00 per day will apply.
- Luxury vehicles, large SUVs, and Large Vans: all drivers must be at least 25
Please call the location from which you wish to rent for details on age restrictions for specific vehicles.
- Standard cars (Full Size cars and smaller): you may cancel the same day with no penalty.
- SUVS and VANS: 24-hour cancellation is required by email or phone to avoid penalty fees.
- LUXURY and SPECIALTY reservations: 48-hour advance cancellation is required.
Debit Card Policy
- Debit Cards are not acceptable for local renters (zip codes 90000-93599), based on Driver License or Debit Card billing address.
- Driver License and Debit Card name must match.
- All Debit Card users will need to show return flight itinerary coinciding with rental term matching name on Driver License, Deibt Card and 3rd form of ID.
- 3rd form of ID: Passport, Military ID, 2nd Debit or Credit Card, Costco/Sam’s Club, Work Photo ID Badge.
- No additional Drivers on Debit Card rentals.
- Minimum $300 deposit above expected rental charge; deposits will increase in relation to vehicle being rented.
- Be advised that when using a debit card authorizations or refunds may take up to 14 days to be posted to your account.
- Midway Car Rental is not responsible for overdraft charges.
If you will be delayed for any reason, please call the office. Certain cars are subject to cancellation fees if not canceled 48 hours in advance.
Pay now pre-paid reservations are discounted reservations that are paid in advance and are non-refundable. The credit card that is used to pre-pay the reservation must be presented at the counter and the card name must match the driver`s license. Advance payment in full is required, and your card will be charged immediately. Pay now pre-paid reservations are non-refundable and cannot be modified or canceled. If you cancel, or do not show, you will not be refunded. Midway is not responsible for overdrafts to your account. We do not accept pre-paid credit cards or pre-paid debit cards. Once the car is rented, you will not receive a credit or refund for unused rental days. If your rental is extended, the additional days are subject to higher rates. When you get to the counter, we will take an additional deposit starting at a minimum of $300.00 on your card. To find out the exact amount of the deposit that will be taken at the counter, please call our reservation center directly.
Extending Your Rental
To extend your rental beyond the due date shown on your contract, you must return to the rental office and sign a new contract. Please note that the rate is subject to change.
Midway Car Rental can provide vehicles with hand controls with 24- 48 hours advance notice.
No Show Policy
Reservations are valid and honored for up to three hours after the requested pick up time or until the location’s regular closing time, whichever is earlier. If the vehicle is not picked up within three hours of the requested pick up time your reservation status will be changed to a NO SHOW. To avoid any problems, please contact Midway Car Rental if you need to change your vehicle pick-up time.
Please call us directly for one-way rental availability, pricing, locations, and details.
Unlimited mileage applies only to miles driven in the states of AZ, CA, NV and UT.
Midway Car Rental vehicles are not permitted to enter Mexico under any circumstances.
If you are renting a 15 passenger van, specific licensing requirements and restrictions may apply. Please call the office directly regarding 15 passenger van rental rules.
For more information on our car rental policies, general questions or topics of interest, visit our FAQs page.